Welcome! Central America Forum is a community resource for old hands (locals and foreigners) and recent arrivals to share information about living in and visiting the countries of Central America: Guatemala, Belize, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and Panama. If you want to live, retire, or visit and want to talk about residency, crime, culture, or find a trip advisor, this is your place to do it. We welcome new members to join and contribute (even nicaliving refugees). To contribute, you can register, then create a blog or discussion topic, or post pictures, by clicking "Create content" in the left menu. For a list of "forum" discussion topics click "Our Forums" in the topmenu. For all recent posts, click "Recent Posts". New postings appear on the front page.
Country-Specific Discussions / Requests for Information
Living And Traveling in Central America
---Announcements of Events / Travel Partners / Personal Connections
---Recommendations: Places To Visit
---Is It Safe?
---Climatic Zones, Weather, Seasons
---Gardening and Agriculture in Central America
---Surfing, Climbing, Horseback Riding, and Other Sports
---The Expat Experience
---Volunteering Opportunities / Stories
---Missionary Work in Central America
---Descriptions / Discussions of Other Central America Online Forums
---Intentional Community In Central America
---Food and Health
---Peace Corps: Past, Present, and Future
---Recommendations: Places to Consider Living
---Everything About Latin Culture: Honest Business and Scams
---Everything About Latin Culture: Romance
---Everything About Latin Culture: Politics
---Everything About Latin Culture: Family
All Other Topics
---Shameless Self-Promotion of Your Website
---Classifieds - Anything For Sale
---Just For Laughs
---Announcements About Central America Forum Website
---Questions / Concerns / Suggestions
Most Popular Content
- How to Use the "Directory of Seeds and Plants"
- How to Make Virgin Coconut Oil With Milyn and Peter Christopher
- What is the REAL truth about buying property in Nicaragua and Costa Rica?
- The CA Forum is the best I have found re: Central America
- Entering El Salvador
- Gringo Land Speculators In Nicaragua Are Sandinista Apologists
- Cutting Through Internet Misinformation About Nicaragua By Pronicaragua And Other "Sources"
- Farms for Volunteer / Homestay / WWOOF in Nicaragua
- Central American Travel Primer
- Conozca cómo Daniel Ortega preparó el fraude electoral
- Cost of Living in Nicaragua
- Theft Warning!
- History Of Cinquera in El Salvador
- Funny, Odd Sayings
- Are Some Central America Forums Less Impartial Than Meets The Eye?
- Five Months in Uvita, Costa Rica: A Summary
- Finding a House-sitter or Caretaker Opportunity in Central America
- Real Estate Problems in Nicaragua - Confiscations, Sandinista Squatters, and Original Owner Rage
- Encouraging Innocence Abroad in Nicaragua and Costa Rica
- Coconuts Need Salt: Fertilize Them With Salt or Seawater!