Consider Living in Costa Rica
There are times, of course, when it pays to distrust the common knowledge. But when it comes to considering living in Costa Rica, I think the common knowledge can be taken to heart.
- Costa Rica has protected about 25% of its land in natural parks.
- Costa Rica's electricity is primarily from renewable sources (some C.R. hydro projects).
- You can drink the water.
- There are beautiful birds.
- It's close to the U.S. and a cheap plane flight.
- The people are usually friendly.
- There are abundant climate zones to find the climate you like.
- There are a variety of kinds of foreigners who live here.
- There are many useful online resources.
- The Spanish language is not too hard to learn.
- Foreigners have the right to own property.
- Traffic fines are small.
- You can go shopping in Panama to get some things cheap ;)
- Free dogs.